12 February 2021
Pretoria – The Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA/the Authority) welcomes the appointment of five (5) new members of the Complaints and Compliance Committee (CCC) whose appointment came as a result of the end of term of the former members in December 2020.
The new members are:
1. Judge Thokozile Matilda Masipa who will serve as the CCC Chairperson (LLB, admitted as Advocate 1991, Appointed Judge of the High Court in 1998), Served as member of the Broadcasting Monitoring and Complaints Committee – predecessor of CCC, Former Chairperson of a Complaints Committee of the Civil Aviation Authority, Former Chairperson of the Transnet Bargaining Council, Deputy Chairperson of the Estate Agency Board and Chairperson of a Disciplinary Committee for Estate Agents)
2. Mr Paris Mashile (Masters Degrees in Engineering & Physics, former ICASA Councillor and Chairperson, Former Board Member of Sentech, Founding CEO of Vunani Electronic Communications to Vunani Capital; Founding Member of the Academy of Regulatory Professionals Public Utility Research Centre (PURC), University of Florida and Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic and Engineering (MIEEE) Membership.)
3. Ms Ngwako Molewa (LLM in Mercantile Law, admitted Attorney, Director of Ergo Sum Consultants, Former ICASA’s Regulatory and Legislative Drafting Specialist, Licensing Officer and Special Advisor to Council, former Company Secretary at Polokwane Housing Company, former Company Secretary at the National Radioactive Waste Disposal Institute)
4. Mr Peter Hlapolosa (B-Com (Business Economics and Industrial Psychology), Master of Business Leadership, Former Vodacom’s Executive Head of Competition Regulation, Former ICASA’S General Manager: Telecommunications Services and Manager: Cost Analysis)
5. Mr Thato Mahapa (LLB, admitted Attorney, former ICASA’s Manager: ECS/ECNS and Licensing Officer, Exco Member of the National Association of Broadcasters; Former Board Member of the Media Development and Diversity Agency, Former Board Member of the South African Communications Forum).