Leaders from all over the world converged on Lansing, MI to attend the first of its kind forum to discuss both the Benefits AND Risks of Wireless Technology. The public forum was hosted by State Senator Patrick Colbeck (R-MI) on December 4th, 2018 during the middle of “Lame Duck” but the video proceedings from the event are now available to the public.
Among the forum speakers:
- Frank Clegg, Former President of Microsoft Canada
- Dr. Ron Melnick, PhD, Former Senior Toxicologist in National Toxicology Program (NTP) at National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
- Dr. Devra Davis, PhD, Fellow at American College of Epidemiology
- Dr. Anthony Miller, MD, Former Advisor to the World Health Organization
- Dr. Paul Heroux, PhD, Professor of Toxicology and Health Effects of Electromagnetism, McGill University of Medicine
Key takeaways form the forum:
- There is CLEAR EVIDENCE that wireless radiation from communication technologies such as cell phones, cell towers, 5G “small” cells, and Wi-Fi routers has significant adverse health effects including but not limited to cancer, DNA damage, cardiac arrhythmia, infertility, and learning disabilities
- It is possible to deploy advanced communication technology in a safe manner, but first we need to recognize that there are significant risks which need to be addressed
- Children are most susceptible to the adverse health impacts of wireless radiation
In light of the recent Executive Order from Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer regarding the importance of addressing health concerns impacting our citizens, this matter should receive prompt and serious attention by the new administration. As evidenced by a recent request by U.S. Senator Sydney Bloomenthal (D-CT) for the FCC to prove that 5G technology is safe, this issue is solidly a bi-partisan policy issue. The impact of this issue clearly extends beyond the ten million residents of Michigan. It is a global issue.
The proceedings from the Wireless Technology Forum can be viewed at the links below.
Introduction by – Senator Colbeck
Wireless Technology Overview:
1. Cell Phones – Cece Doucette
2. Electromagnetic Spectrum Science – Dr. Devra Davis
3. Smart Meters & WiFi – Bill Bathgate
4. 5G “small cells” – Kevin Schoen
1. Internet of Things – Frank Clegg